Established regulations apply as follows:
- Waterford residents only - you may be required to show proof of residency with your license or ID with a Waterford address
- Bulky Waste Only: Brush, leaves, furniture, cardboard, construction debris, appliances, tires, drain oil
- No Household Garbage
- Separation required
- Please note that fees will be charged for the following items: tires, brush, demolition/construction debris, appliances, and logs
For questions, please call 860-444-5864.
Schedule of Fees
The Transfer Station does not accept:
- Regular household trash, bottles and cans. These items are collected curbside during our normal weekly curbside collection.
- Household Hazardous Waste - Collection sites are provided Spring through Fall. Check newspapers or call Public Works for details.
- Grass Clippings: Compost or mulch on lawn.
- Rubble, Stone, Concrete, Asphalt, Dirt, Stumps, Rocks
The Transfer Station takes the following items for free:
- Electronic Equipment - PC, TV, VCR, Stereos, speakers, printers
- Fluorescent Bulbs
- Motor Oil/Anti Freeze
- Propane Tanks
Curbside collection - see bulky waste information
Collector license fee - Annual: $25 per truck
- Passenger Tires: $2 each
- Truck Tires 7.50 by 16 and up: $5 each
- Earth Moving Equipment Tires: $50 each
- Tree Stump (small: less than 8 inches): No Longer Accepted
- Tree Stump (large: greater than 8 inches): No Longer Accepted
- $110 per Ton
- Pickup Truck: $5 per load
- Small Dump Truck/Small Dump Trailer (1 to 2 axles): $10 per load
- Large Dump Truck: $15 per load
- Automobiles - Attendant's discretion
Load sizes for fee purposes are:
- Pickup Truck: 1 CY
- Small Dump Truck/Small Dump Trailer (1 to 2 axles): 3 CY
- Large Dump Truck: 6 CY
Attendant will use judgment in setting fees for odd-size loads.
Demolition / Construction Debris
- Demolition Debris/Shingles: $110 per Ton
- $5 minimum charge
- Refrigerators, Freezers, Air Conditioners: $15 each
- Dehumidifiers: $15 each
Oversized Municipal Solid Waste
Curbside costs are unit priced
- Sofas, Stuffed Chairs, Mattresses: $10 each
- Box springs, Carpets: $10 each
Transfer Station will weigh these items - based off $110 per ton
Roll out Garbage / Recycling Containers
- 96 Gallon: $50
- Rental: $10 per month
- Additional Containers, 96 gallon: $50
Refuse Tipping Fee
- $62 per Ton for Municipal Solid Waste
Delivered to SCRRRA in Preston by Contractors
Brush Curbside Collection
See our page about Yard Waste.
Call 860-444-5864 for information on how to get an appointment - $20 per appointment for regular residential units
- All fees shall be due and payable upon invoicing or may be paid immediately upon usage.
- Accounts over thirty days past due will accrue interest at 1.5% per month.
- Accounts with a balance due over sixty days will be denied access to the disposal facility.
- Accounts with a balance over ninety days will be suspended and access to the facility will be denied until the balance is paid in full, and it will be sent to the Town attorney to go to small claims court.
The Town of Waterford only accepts cash or checks.